Thank you to our Volunteer Partners!
- Heart Math Tutoring Featured on WBTV
- Tutor Recruitment Kickoff and Tools – Volunteers needed in the 2017/18 School Year!
- Volunteer Recruitment Tools
- The Year Ahead: Community Support Enables Heart Math Tutoring To Expand Reach, Impact
- HEART Tutoring Moves To New Office
- Monthly Volunteer Notables – OCTOBER
- Monthly Volunteer Notables – NOVEMBER
- April – HEART Notables
- February – HEART NOTABLES
- 2014 Work Begins
- There’s One Key Difference Between Kids Who Excel at Math and Kids Who Don’t
- December – HEART NOTABLES
- HEART Holiday Breakfast for Parents
- November – HEART NOTABLES
- October – HEART NOTABLES
- Malleable intelligence
We love our volunteers! During the 2016/17 school year, over 750 Charlotte community members spent 1 hour per week tutoring across Heart’s twelve school partners.
Heart is looking for volunteers for the 2017/18 school year! We need your help finding volunteers who can spend 30 minutes or one hour per week tutoring an elementary student who is below grade level in math.
Whether it’s by talking about your experience as a Heart tutor with a friend, or by setting up a presentation at your place of business, there are plenty of ways you can help. We’ve included email templates and anything else you might need in our recruitment kit. Download our recruitment kit here to see all the ways you can help match students with tutors!
“Thank you!” from teachers and school staff!
- “The volunteers that help my students are awesome. My kids love to go to tutoring, they get one-on-one help and build a personal relationship with their tutors. I have never seen an unhappy student that did not want to go to tutoring. Thank You Heart Tutors!!” Ms. Susan – 2nd grade teacher at Piney Grove Elementary (2017)
- “I would like to thank all of my students’ tutors and let them know that their support and help with learning mathematics has been extremely helpful and beneficial. Their smiles and belief in my students made such a positive difference in their confidence as a learner and I am very appreciative.” Ms. Lail – 3rd grade teacher at Highland Renaissance Academy (2017)
- “Thank you for working with my students. Each week the students looked forward to “Heart Days.” Not only did you help my students gain number sense but also built a relationship with each one. Thank you for making learning fun!” Ms. Shoulders – 3rd grade teacher at Merry Oaks International Academy (2017)
- “I appreciated the Heart tutors so much. Our students loved going, and they showed growth throughout the year! Some of them are now my best math students! ” Ms. Christiansen – 4th grade teacher at Pinewood Elementary (2017)
- “Thank you so much for all your hard work. My students have now grown to love math. They are willing to work through their struggles in math through the strategies gained in Heart Tutoring. ” Ms. Attwater – 3rd grade teacher at Greenway Park Elementary (2017)