2019-20 Program Results
June 3, 2020
As we head into the summer, we are excited to celebrate the outstanding academic progress made by nearly 1,200 Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) students during the 2019-20 school year. Although COVID-19 prompted a shortened year of in-school programming, students still made considerable progress during their time in the program!
Here are some of our results:
- 92% of students passed one notebook and 49% passed two or more notebooks through March 2020 – on track to meet end-of-year program growth goals!
- 85% of teachers saw improvement in their Heart students’ foundational math skills by January 2020.*
- 86% of teachers noticed increased confidence and/or enthusiasm in their Heart students by January 2020.*
- 99% of volunteers rated their tutoring experience as positive, and 91% noticed improvement in their student’s math skills by January 2020.*
*In line with or exceeding previous years
We are confident that students were on track for another great year of final assessment results had they not missed the last 6 weeks of tutoring, based on the data points we gathered through March. Congratulations and thank you to students, tutors, donors, teachers, and all involved in this growth.
- Blog (189)
- Celebrations (39)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (16)
- Events (14)
- Grants (21)
- Grants and Funding News (28)
- Heart News (148)
- Heart Staff (8)
- Math Matters (39)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (44)
- Uncategorized (22)
- Video (14)
- Volunteer Resources (33)
- Volunteer Spotlight (36)
- June 2020 Fundraising Update
- Tutor Spotlight: Stephanie Lemons
- Educating Ourselves on Issues of Race
- Internal program evaluation indicates positive effects on students’ long-term achievement
- 2019-20 Program Results
- Heart Tutoring Annual Celebration
- Heart Tutoring Staff Participates in Racial Equity Training
- Thank you, Teachers!
- Spring Volunteer Highlights – Recognizing Heart Tutors
- Fabulous Five!