2020/21 Philanthropy Update
April 2, 2020
Heart Tutoring, currently partnering with twenty-three high need elementary schools, is raising funds to serve 1,200 students in 2020/21. As of March 30th, more than 30 organizations and 330 individuals have contributed $1,161,237 – thank you! An additional ~$350,000 is needed by June 30th, 2020.
Heart Tutoring recently received renewed support from five long term funding partners. Wells Fargo, Sisters of Mercy of NC Foundation and Charlotte Woman’s Club have been supporting Heart students since 2014, and recent grants from Barings and TIAA mark their fourth and fifth consecutive years, respectively, as both funding and volunteer partners! Thanks to these generous organizations and others, over $850,000 in grants have been committed to the 2020/21 campaign, helping to ensure students build the math skills and academic confidence needed for long term success.
Heart Tutoring is working towards a goal of raising $1,540,000 by June 30. Approximately $60,000 funds a school site where 50-60 students receive one-on-one instruction for 30 minutes twice a week from September thru May. Costs include an on-site coordinator, tutoring supplies, volunteer recruitment, assessments and data analysis.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to meet the need for math intervention in Charlotte-Mecklenburg elementary schools. Contributions have enabled us to recruit and support tutors and give thousands of students the opportunity for a brighter future!
- Blog (183)
- Celebrations (38)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (16)
- Events (13)
- Grants (21)
- Grants and Funding News (27)
- Heart News (145)
- Heart Staff (7)
- Math Matters (37)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (44)
- Uncategorized (17)
- Video (14)
- Volunteer Resources (32)
- Volunteer Spotlight (35)
- Heart Tutoring Staff Participates in Racial Equity Training
- Thank you, Teachers!
- Spring Volunteer Highlights – Recognizing Heart Tutors
- Fabulous Five!
- Our Tutors are Making Tens!
- Program Updates – Piloting New Resources for Students, Teachers, and Families
- 2020/21 Philanthropy Update
- Heart Tutoring Updates: COVID-19
- Volunteer Spotlight: Andrew Francis
- Heart Math Tutoring Celebrates Volunteers at Sold-Out HeartThrob Event