Charlotte Today Highlights Heart Math Tutoring
March 14, 2019
Closing the elementary math achievement gap may not be easy, but it can be fun. Emily Gaffney, Executive Director of Heart Math Tutoring, shares how volunteer tutors support CMS elementary students who are behind in math with fun games and effective tutoring. “Helping somebody with math is a great way to help them with their life. Our volunteers are there to give high-fives and point students in the right direction,” says Gaffney. See the entire interview here.
- Blog (164)
- Celebrations (37)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (12)
- Events (10)
- Grants (20)
- Grants and Funding News (26)
- Heart News (135)
- Heart Staff (4)
- Math Matters (37)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (39)
- Uncategorized (3)
- Video (12)
- Volunteer Resources (28)
- Volunteer Spotlight (30)
- Charlotte Parent Magazine Feature: Register to Tutor CMS Students Through Heart Math Tutoring Starting Sept. 30
- Join Us for Our Volunteer Kickoff Party!
- WCCB Rising Features a Heart Math Tutor
- An Interview with a Volunteer: Adam Schauer
- 2019 Math Perspectives Summer Institute: A New Resource Series!
- ‘What Is Heart Tutoring?’ Webinar
- Learn More via Webinars and Events!
- Recruitment Season Tips
- It All Adds Up: End of the Year Results are IN!
- The Tutor Referral Contest – June 1-30