Billingsville Family Night
January 15, 2016
Watch this third grader show what she knows at family night. She has learned the parts of 10, and she’s ready to quiz her tutor!
Combinations to 10 is the title of Heart’s third concept notebook. It is considered the linchpin within the curriculum, as so many higher level skills depend on the ability to compose and decompose numbers up to 10.
The student shown in this video now knows all the ways that 10 can be broken into two parts, as demonstrated by naming the missing piece in this hiding game. In this video, she quizzes her tutor with this same game.
We love to see her feeling confident enough to turn the tables and act as the tutor!
- Blog (162)
- Celebrations (37)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (10)
- Events (10)
- Grants (20)
- Grants and Funding News (26)
- Heart News (132)
- Heart Staff (4)
- Math Matters (37)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (37)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Video (11)
- Volunteer Resources (27)
- Volunteer Spotlight (29)
- 2019 Math Perspectives Summer Institute: A New Resource Series!
- ‘What Is Heart Tutoring?’ Webinar
- Learn More via Webinars and Events!
- Recruitment Season Tips
- It All Adds Up: End of the Year Results are IN!
- The Tutor Referral Contest – June 1-30
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer Partner – Vanguard
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer Partner – GEM
- Celebrating Heart Tutoring Volunteers and Partners
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer – Natasha Johnson