Billingsville Family Night
January 15, 2016
Watch this third grader show what she knows at family night. She has learned the parts of 10, and she’s ready to quiz her tutor!
Combinations to 10 is the title of Heart’s third concept notebook. It is considered the linchpin within the curriculum, as so many higher level skills depend on the ability to compose and decompose numbers up to 10.
The student shown in this video now knows all the ways that 10 can be broken into two parts, as demonstrated by naming the missing piece in this hiding game. In this video, she quizzes her tutor with this same game.
We love to see her feeling confident enough to turn the tables and act as the tutor!
- Blog (148)
- Celebrations (28)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (6)
- Events (4)
- Grants (19)
- Grants and Funding News (25)
- Heart News (123)
- Heart Staff (2)
- Math Matters (35)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (36)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Video (9)
- Volunteer Resources (22)
- Volunteer Spotlight (28)
- Heart Volunteer Partner – Vanguard
- Heart Volunteer Partner – GEM
- Celebrating Heart Tutoring Volunteers and Partners
- Heart Volunteer – Natasha Johnson
- Heart Volunteer – Lisa Phillips
- Charlotte Today Highlights Heart Math Tutoring
- Heart Celebrated Math Day with Fox 46 News
- March 14th Pi Day Hangouts
- Math Madness (in March)
- 2018 NC Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference