Global Endowment Management Sponsors Heart at Westerly Hills
December 21, 2015
Heart Math Tutoring at Westerly Hills Academy was made possible by a generous $40,000 grant from Global Endowment Management (GEM Foundation) in December 2014. Eight GEM team members also joined Heart as tutors this year.
This grant allows 56 students at Westerly Hills Academy to receive one hour of structured one-on-one math tutoring per week from September to May. This valuable resource would not be available to Westerly Hills otherwise. Students work with their tutors to build foundational math skills and academic confidence.
Students, parents and tutors gathered last week to celebrate student progress with food and fun at the Westerly Hills Holiday Breakfast. Thank you for your support!
- Blog (189)
- Celebrations (39)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (16)
- Events (14)
- Grants (21)
- Grants and Funding News (28)
- Heart News (148)
- Heart Staff (8)
- Math Matters (39)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (44)
- Uncategorized (22)
- Video (14)
- Volunteer Resources (33)
- Volunteer Spotlight (36)
- June 2020 Fundraising Update
- Tutor Spotlight: Stephanie Lemons
- Educating Ourselves on Issues of Race
- Internal program evaluation indicates positive effects on students’ long-term achievement
- 2019-20 Program Results
- Heart Tutoring Annual Celebration
- Heart Tutoring Staff Participates in Racial Equity Training
- Thank you, Teachers!
- Spring Volunteer Highlights – Recognizing Heart Tutors
- Fabulous Five!