Heart Math Tutoring Celebrates Successful Volunteer Drive!
September 19, 2016
Many thanks to our volunteers and partner organizations throughout our community for your amazing support to make our volunteer drive a big success! To date we have secured tutors for 550 elementary school students at 12 Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools during the 2016/17 school year.
We are in great shape to kick off the school year, but we still need additional volunteers to serve 600 students. There’s still time to sign up to volunteer, but we encourage you to sign up sooner than later since students are behind and need tutoring right away. Tutors are needed at Piney Grove Elementary, Greenway Park Elementary and Highland Renaissance Academy. For more information or to sign up, visit http://hearttutoring.org/volunteers/become-a-volunteer/.
We’d like to thank companies and volunteer representatives that went above and beyond! The following organizations supported Heart’s 2016/17 volunteer drive by inviting us to lunches, ice cream socials and meetings to give presentations to help recruit volunteers:
- Barings (formerly Babson Capital Management)
- Bank of America
- Charlotte Bridge Club
- Madison Park Neighborhood Association
- Pamlico Capital
- Patterson Pope
- Social Venture Partners
- SouthPark Rotary
- Teach For America
- UNC Charlotte Elementary Education Program
- WakeCharlotte Community
- Wells Fargo
- Several Media Outlets in Charlotte
This was the third year that Pamlico Capital and Wake Forest each hosted a luncheon for any guests willing to learn more about Heart’s work. Current tutors were there to share firsthand accounts of the experience.
Eric Eubank of Pamlico Capital says, “We look forward to the Heart recruitment lunch each year. Every volunteer we can recruit has a huge impact on a young student, particularly in math – an area with significant implications for a student’s ability to thrive in school and in the workforce.
- Blog (189)
- Celebrations (39)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (16)
- Events (14)
- Grants (21)
- Grants and Funding News (28)
- Heart News (148)
- Heart Staff (8)
- Math Matters (39)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (44)
- Uncategorized (22)
- Video (14)
- Volunteer Resources (33)
- Volunteer Spotlight (36)
- June 2020 Fundraising Update
- Tutor Spotlight: Stephanie Lemons
- Educating Ourselves on Issues of Race
- Internal program evaluation indicates positive effects on students’ long-term achievement
- 2019-20 Program Results
- Heart Tutoring Annual Celebration
- Heart Tutoring Staff Participates in Racial Equity Training
- Thank you, Teachers!
- Spring Volunteer Highlights – Recognizing Heart Tutors
- Fabulous Five!