Heart Math Tutoring Celebrates Volunteers at Sold-Out HeartThrob Event
February 14, 2020
Thank you to everyone who attended HeartThrob on February 7th at Norfolk Hall at the Suffolk Punch! Thanks to generous donors, 100% of ticket proceeds will fund one-third of a school site next year, providing math tutoring and mentorship to 50 students in the 2020/21 school year.
Organized by a group of Heart Tutoring’s young professional volunteers, event costs were fully covered by generous community partners: Presenting Sponsor – Global Endowment Management; Platinum Sponsor – Duke Energy Piedmont Natural Gas; Gold Level Sponsors – AmWINS Group, Inc., Balfour Beatty, Flagship Healthcare Properties, K&L Gates, and Pamlico Capital; and Event Sponsors – Alfred Williams, CBRE, Gensler, HyLite LED, LLC, Randolph Builders, Raymond James, and Red Ventures.
From the HeartThrob stage, Event Chair Ashley Kaiser said, “The time you spend with your kids not only helps their math skills, but their confidence and enthusiasm.”
You can learn more or sign up to be a volunteer tutor through April here!
View the full press release here.
- Blog (189)
- Celebrations (39)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (16)
- Events (14)
- Grants (21)
- Grants and Funding News (28)
- Heart News (148)
- Heart Staff (8)
- Math Matters (39)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (44)
- Uncategorized (22)
- Video (14)
- Volunteer Resources (33)
- Volunteer Spotlight (36)
- June 2020 Fundraising Update
- Tutor Spotlight: Stephanie Lemons
- Educating Ourselves on Issues of Race
- Internal program evaluation indicates positive effects on students’ long-term achievement
- 2019-20 Program Results
- Heart Tutoring Annual Celebration
- Heart Tutoring Staff Participates in Racial Equity Training
- Thank you, Teachers!
- Spring Volunteer Highlights – Recognizing Heart Tutors
- Fabulous Five!