Heart Math Tutoring Featured in The Mint Hill Times
February 22, 2018
Heart Math Tutoring was featured in The Mint Hill Times newspaper on February 14, 2018. We are grateful to The Mint Hill Times for sharing with the broader Mint Hill community how someone could volunteer to help an elementary student who’s falling behind in foundational math.
“Heart is offered in 17 CMS schools, which include Lebanon Road Elementary and Piney Grove Elementary near the Mint Hill area. The organization is looking to add volunteers at both schools, along with others around CMS,” Marion said.
Heart’s program runs on volunteer time. The one hour a week a Heart volunteer spends means so much to students who just need an adult to give them one-on-one attention and build their confidence and enthusiasm around math and academics.
“You don’t have to be a math whiz or math expert,” Marion said, while discussing requirements for volunteers. “Volunteers get the satisfaction of building a relationship with students while also helping them catch up to grade level in math. Right now is a good time to get involved since the commitment is only for the Spring semester, which is now through April. New volunteers will get the chance to try tutoring and see the impact they can make on students,” she said.
Read the full story here.
- Blog (148)
- Celebrations (28)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (6)
- Events (4)
- Grants (19)
- Grants and Funding News (25)
- Heart News (123)
- Heart Staff (2)
- Math Matters (35)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (36)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Video (9)
- Volunteer Resources (22)
- Volunteer Spotlight (28)
- Heart Volunteer Partner – Vanguard
- Heart Volunteer Partner – GEM
- Celebrating Heart Tutoring Volunteers and Partners
- Heart Volunteer – Natasha Johnson
- Heart Volunteer – Lisa Phillips
- Charlotte Today Highlights Heart Math Tutoring
- Heart Celebrated Math Day with Fox 46 News
- March 14th Pi Day Hangouts
- Math Madness (in March)
- 2018 NC Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference