Heart Math Tutoring Featured on Spectrum News for Giving Tuesday
November 28, 2017
Emily Elliott from Heart Math Tutoring was featured on Spectrum News Charlotte to discuss how community members can give back on Giving Tuesday by signing up to tutor students in high-poverty schools.
“Our program solely runs on volunteer time. We’ve been so fortunate that 950 people have signed up to be volunteer tutors but there are 45 more students who need volunteer tutors. That one hour a week means so much to students who just need an adult to give them one on one attention and tell them they can really do it,” says Elliott.
Watch the full video here!
- Blog (172)
- Celebrations (37)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (15)
- Events (12)
- Grants (20)
- Grants and Funding News (26)
- Heart News (141)
- Heart Staff (6)
- Math Matters (37)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (43)
- Uncategorized (8)
- Video (14)
- Volunteer Resources (32)
- Volunteer Spotlight (30)
- HeartThrob 2020
- 2019 NC Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference: Unpacking Mathematical Fluency
- Heart Tutoring Featured on WCCB for #GivingTuesday
- A Day in the Life of a Heart Tutor!
- Hear from a Heart Tutor!
- Mint Hill Times feature: Heart Math Tutoring Needs You
- Heart Math Tutoring 2019 Annual Report
- Speaker at The Charlotte Justice Conference
- Heart Math Tutoring Featured on University City Connect!
- Smarty Interview: Meet Emily Gaffney and Heart Math Tutoring