Heart Math Tutoring Featured on Spectrum News for Giving Tuesday
November 28, 2017
Emily Elliott from Heart Math Tutoring was featured on Spectrum News Charlotte to discuss how community members can give back on Giving Tuesday by signing up to tutor students in high-poverty schools.
“Our program solely runs on volunteer time. We’ve been so fortunate that 950 people have signed up to be volunteer tutors but there are 45 more students who need volunteer tutors. That one hour a week means so much to students who just need an adult to give them one on one attention and tell them they can really do it,” says Elliott.
Watch the full video here!
- Blog (162)
- Celebrations (37)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (10)
- Events (10)
- Grants (20)
- Grants and Funding News (26)
- Heart News (132)
- Heart Staff (4)
- Math Matters (37)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (37)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Video (11)
- Volunteer Resources (27)
- Volunteer Spotlight (29)
- 2019 Math Perspectives Summer Institute: A New Resource Series!
- ‘What Is Heart Tutoring?’ Webinar
- Learn More via Webinars and Events!
- Recruitment Season Tips
- It All Adds Up: End of the Year Results are IN!
- The Tutor Referral Contest – June 1-30
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer Partner – Vanguard
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer Partner – GEM
- Celebrating Heart Tutoring Volunteers and Partners
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer – Natasha Johnson