Heart Math Tutoring Featured on Spectrum News for Giving Tuesday
November 28, 2017
Emily Elliott from Heart Math Tutoring was featured on Spectrum News Charlotte to discuss how community members can give back on Giving Tuesday by signing up to tutor students in high-poverty schools.
“Our program solely runs on volunteer time. We’ve been so fortunate that 950 people have signed up to be volunteer tutors but there are 45 more students who need volunteer tutors. That one hour a week means so much to students who just need an adult to give them one on one attention and tell them they can really do it,” says Elliott.
Watch the full video here!
- Blog (196)
- Celebrations (39)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (16)
- Events (15)
- Grants (21)
- Grants and Funding News (29)
- Heart News (152)
- Heart Staff (8)
- Math Matters (42)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (45)
- Uncategorized (26)
- Video (15)
- Volunteer Resources (35)
- Volunteer Spotlight (37)
- Latest Updates for Heart Tutors
- 2020 Annual Report
- Upcoming Heart events!
- Tutor Spotlight: Jalen Gilmore
- Heart Tutoring’s New Virtual Program Featured on WBTV
- Virtual Tutoring Pilot Program
- The Importance of Growth Mindset
- June 2020 Fundraising Update
- Tutor Spotlight: Stephanie Lemons
- Educating Ourselves on Issues of Race