Heart Math Tutoring Featured on WBTV
August 8, 2017
Emily Elliott from Heart Math Tutoring was on WBTV News to discuss Heart’s annual Volunteer Recruitment Drive.
“We are going to need about 1,000 volunteers this fall, growing from 750 last year. The tutors do a great job helping kids build skills and confidence,” says Elliott. “In Charlotte, 56% of economically disadvantaged students are not performing on grade level and that number grows as the course level gets more difficult. Algebra is a high school graduation requirement and to be able to access any post-secondary career and opportunities, you need to have your foundation math skills down.”
- Blog (162)
- Celebrations (37)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (10)
- Events (10)
- Grants (20)
- Grants and Funding News (26)
- Heart News (132)
- Heart Staff (4)
- Math Matters (37)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (37)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Video (11)
- Volunteer Resources (27)
- Volunteer Spotlight (29)
- 2019 Math Perspectives Summer Institute: A New Resource Series!
- ‘What Is Heart Tutoring?’ Webinar
- Learn More via Webinars and Events!
- Recruitment Season Tips
- It All Adds Up: End of the Year Results are IN!
- The Tutor Referral Contest – June 1-30
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer Partner – Vanguard
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer Partner – GEM
- Celebrating Heart Tutoring Volunteers and Partners
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer – Natasha Johnson