Heart Math Tutoring Featured on WBTV
August 8, 2017
Emily Elliott from Heart Math Tutoring was on WBTV News to discuss Heart’s annual Volunteer Recruitment Drive.
“We are going to need about 1,000 volunteers this fall, growing from 750 last year. The tutors do a great job helping kids build skills and confidence,” says Elliott. “In Charlotte, 56% of economically disadvantaged students are not performing on grade level and that number grows as the course level gets more difficult. Algebra is a high school graduation requirement and to be able to access any post-secondary career and opportunities, you need to have your foundation math skills down.”
- Blog (172)
- Celebrations (37)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (15)
- Events (12)
- Grants (20)
- Grants and Funding News (26)
- Heart News (141)
- Heart Staff (6)
- Math Matters (37)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (43)
- Uncategorized (8)
- Video (14)
- Volunteer Resources (32)
- Volunteer Spotlight (30)
- HeartThrob 2020
- 2019 NC Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference: Unpacking Mathematical Fluency
- Heart Tutoring Featured on WCCB for #GivingTuesday
- A Day in the Life of a Heart Tutor!
- Hear from a Heart Tutor!
- Mint Hill Times feature: Heart Math Tutoring Needs You
- Heart Math Tutoring 2019 Annual Report
- Speaker at The Charlotte Justice Conference
- Heart Math Tutoring Featured on University City Connect!
- Smarty Interview: Meet Emily Gaffney and Heart Math Tutoring