Heart Math Tutoring Featured on WBTV
August 8, 2017
Emily Elliott from Heart Math Tutoring was on WBTV News to discuss Heart’s annual Volunteer Recruitment Drive.
“We are going to need about 1,000 volunteers this fall, growing from 750 last year. The tutors do a great job helping kids build skills and confidence,” says Elliott. “In Charlotte, 56% of economically disadvantaged students are not performing on grade level and that number grows as the course level gets more difficult. Algebra is a high school graduation requirement and to be able to access any post-secondary career and opportunities, you need to have your foundation math skills down.”
- Blog (140)
- Celebrations (23)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (5)
- Events (2)
- Grants (19)
- Grants and Funding News (25)
- Heart News (121)
- Heart Staff (2)
- Math Matters (34)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (34)
- Uncategorized (11)
- Video (8)
- Volunteer Resources (21)
- Volunteer Spotlight (23)
- 2018 NC Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference
- Celebrating Heart Students!
- HeartThrob 2019
- Seek First to Understand…
- COMMUNITY FEEDBACK REQUESTED BY NCDHHS – ADD MATH
- How Do You Make a Difference in Your Community?
- Heart Math Tutoring 2018 Annual Report
- Heart Math Tutoring receives $1,250,000 from Albemarle Foundation and Bank of America
- Program Starts Week of October 1st!
- Charlotte’s PRIDE Magazine Highlights Heart!