Heart Math Tutoring Receives Apparo’s Mission Possible Economic Opportunity Grant
May 3, 2017
Heart was awarded a $60,000 cash and pro bono contribution from Accenture at Apparo’s ConnectivIT Ball, presented by Microsoft! The award is Apparo’s first Mission Possible Economic Opportunity Award. A panel of CIO judges chose a technology project that will impact economic opportunity in Charlotte. Heart will use the award to digitize its student and tutor information, ultimately improving student outcomes and program scalability. Heart impacts a variety of factors of economic mobility. Mentorship by Heart tutors improves social capital and reduces economic segregation in high-poverty schools. Improved math skills translate to higher graduation rates and income opportunity.
Read the full press release at http://www.einnews.com/pr_news/378933361/heart-math-tutoring-receives-apparo-s-mission-possible-economic-opportunity-grant.
Thank you so much to Apparo for meeting the technology needs of many nonprofits. Heart’s team is excited to get started on the project made possible by the Mission Possible Economic Opportunity Award! Watch the brief video to learn more!
- Blog (162)
- Celebrations (37)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (10)
- Events (10)
- Grants (20)
- Grants and Funding News (26)
- Heart News (132)
- Heart Staff (4)
- Math Matters (37)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (37)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Video (11)
- Volunteer Resources (27)
- Volunteer Spotlight (29)
- 2019 Math Perspectives Summer Institute: A New Resource Series!
- ‘What Is Heart Tutoring?’ Webinar
- Learn More via Webinars and Events!
- Recruitment Season Tips
- It All Adds Up: End of the Year Results are IN!
- The Tutor Referral Contest – June 1-30
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer Partner – Vanguard
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer Partner – GEM
- Celebrating Heart Tutoring Volunteers and Partners
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer – Natasha Johnson