Heart Math Tutoring Word Problems
March 21, 2017
Heart word problem: If every Heart student receives two stickers per week, how many stickers does Heart have to purchase for a school year?
Answer: 38,628 That’s a lot of stickers!
Heart word problem: If every second grade student in Heart lost two teeth, how many teeth would Heart students lose this year?
Answer: 454 teeth!
Heart word problem: If 22 high fives are given between the hours of 7:45 and 8:45 at each Heart site every day Monday – Thursday, how many early morning high fives are given by Heart tutors in a week?
Answer: 1,056 high fives!
- Blog (189)
- Celebrations (39)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (16)
- Events (14)
- Grants (21)
- Grants and Funding News (28)
- Heart News (148)
- Heart Staff (8)
- Math Matters (39)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (44)
- Uncategorized (22)
- Video (14)
- Volunteer Resources (33)
- Volunteer Spotlight (36)
- June 2020 Fundraising Update
- Tutor Spotlight: Stephanie Lemons
- Educating Ourselves on Issues of Race
- Internal program evaluation indicates positive effects on students’ long-term achievement
- 2019-20 Program Results
- Heart Tutoring Annual Celebration
- Heart Tutoring Staff Participates in Racial Equity Training
- Thank you, Teachers!
- Spring Volunteer Highlights – Recognizing Heart Tutors
- Fabulous Five!