Heart Tutoring’s 4th Annual Tutor Thank You Party
May 23, 2018
Thank you to all of our tutors who joined us for the 4th Annual Tutor Thank You Party at Queen Park Social last night! We are so grateful to all of our volunteers for choosing to spend your time with Heart Math Tutoring students. It has made such a difference in their experiences of school this year!
We measured some of that difference in our students’ final assessments: 98% of this year’s 893 students met program growth goals in math, growing in 2 or more concept areas. Those goals were set with guidance from math specialists at CMS and UNCC. On average, students more than doubled the goal – growing in 4.9 concept areas. Thank you to all of our tutors for your part in that achievement!
We started off the night with a tutor-inspired BINGO ice breaker and followed that up with inviting one of our tutors, Charlotte Atkinson, to share her experience over the past three years and the power of seeing the positive impact on students first-hand.
Thank you again to all who joined us and to all who tutored this year. We loved celebrating the year with food, fun, and games. See photos of the event below!
- Blog (169)
- Celebrations (37)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (15)
- Events (11)
- Grants (20)
- Grants and Funding News (26)
- Heart News (140)
- Heart Staff (5)
- Math Matters (37)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (42)
- Uncategorized (6)
- Video (13)
- Volunteer Resources (31)
- Volunteer Spotlight (30)
- Hear from a Heart Tutor!
- Mint Hill Times feature: Heart Math Tutoring Needs You
- Heart Math Tutoring 2019 Annual Report
- Speaker at The Charlotte Justice Conference
- Heart Math Tutoring Featured on University City Connect!
- Smarty Interview: Meet Emily Gaffney and Heart Math Tutoring
- Charlotte Parent Magazine Feature: Register to Tutor CMS Students Through Heart Math Tutoring Starting Sept. 30
- WCCB Rising Features a Heart Math Tutor
- An Interview with a Volunteer: Adam Schauer
- Join Us for Our Volunteer Kickoff Party!