North Carolina GlaxoSmithKline Foundation Awards Heart Math Tutoring $25,000 Grant to Expand Program
December 21, 2015
Heart Math Tutoring is proud to announce that we have received a $25,000 grant from the North Carolina GlaxoSmithKline Foundation’s Ribbon of Hope program to expand the volunteer math tutoring program to a new school site for the 2016-17 school year.
“We are excited to support the expansion of this very important math program” said Marilyn Foote-Hudson, Executive Director at the North Carolina GlaxoSmithKline Foundation.
The North Carolina GlaxoSmithKline Foundation emphasizes the importance of science, health, and education in North Carolina. Funding from Ribbon of Hope will support the work of Heart volunteers, who fill students’ gaps in foundational math skills, as well as improve students’ confidence and enthusiasm for academics overall.
“We are thrilled that The North Carolina GlaxoSmithKline Foundation is supporting Heart,” said Emily Elliott, executive director of Heart Math Tutoring. “We are excited about our shared goal of improving student success and academic enthusiasm, particularly in the area of STEM education. Financial contributions like the Foundation’s make it possible for us to empower students to be successful in
elementary school and beyond.”
- Blog (189)
- Celebrations (39)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (16)
- Events (14)
- Grants (21)
- Grants and Funding News (28)
- Heart News (148)
- Heart Staff (8)
- Math Matters (39)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (44)
- Uncategorized (22)
- Video (14)
- Volunteer Resources (33)
- Volunteer Spotlight (36)
- June 2020 Fundraising Update
- Tutor Spotlight: Stephanie Lemons
- Educating Ourselves on Issues of Race
- Internal program evaluation indicates positive effects on students’ long-term achievement
- 2019-20 Program Results
- Heart Tutoring Annual Celebration
- Heart Tutoring Staff Participates in Racial Equity Training
- Thank you, Teachers!
- Spring Volunteer Highlights – Recognizing Heart Tutors
- Fabulous Five!