Parents, Tutors And Students Celebrate End Of Year!
May 5, 2016
Through May 16, parents, tutors, and students will gather to celebrate students’ progress in Heart this year with food, fun and games. Students will show their parents math games to play at home, and receive goodie bags that include a deck of cards and game directions. All will celebrate students’ accomplishments in Heart and receive a certificate of completion!
“These events are a fun way celebrate our tutors and students! The students are proud to introduce their tutors to their parents, and the certificates of participation recognize their hard work and academic progress,” says Emily Elliott, Heart’s executive director.
Check for updates for slideshows of each celebration with our eight Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools partners. The slideshows below, from top to bottom, are: Pinewood Elementary, Billingsville Leadership Academy, Montclaire Elementary, Winterfield Elementary, Highland Renaissance Academy, Sedgefield Elementary, Piney Grove Elementary, and Westerly Hills Academy.
Click “Refresh” if you cannot see the pictures. Right click to download and save a photo.
- Blog (204)
- Celebrations (40)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (16)
- Events (17)
- Grants (22)
- Grants and Funding News (30)
- Heart News (154)
- Heart Staff (10)
- Math Matters (44)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (45)
- Uncategorized (35)
- Video (15)
- Volunteer Resources (36)
- Volunteer Spotlight (39)
- Tutor Tuesdays (Happy National Volunteer Month!)
- Tutor Spotlight – Tom Scholten
- Pi Day Recipes
- Hear from Heart Tutors
- Heart Math Tutoring receives year-end funding from Faison and Global Endowment Management Foundation
- 21-Day Racial Equity Challenge with United Way of the Central Carolinas
- Tutor Testimonials and Call for Volunteers
- Upcoming Virtual Info Session
- Heart Tutoring’s Kelsey Ripley is a Guest Writer for the Community Resilience Project’s December 2020 Newsletter
- Fall Pilot Success