School Magazine Features Heart Math Tutoring
December 2, 2015
Amanda Saunders, a second grade teacher at Billingsville Leadership Academy, shared the impact of Heart Math Tutoring’s volunteers on her students in the latest issue of My School Rocks! magazine.
“We do some of the same activities in math class, and it’s great to hear some of the kids say ‘Oh, I practiced that last time with my tutor,’” Saunders says in the article.
My School Rocks! is a free magazine distributed to pre-K through fifth graders in Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools. It publishes nine times a year, with a circulation of approximately 80,000.
- Blog (189)
- Celebrations (39)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (16)
- Events (14)
- Grants (21)
- Grants and Funding News (28)
- Heart News (148)
- Heart Staff (8)
- Math Matters (39)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (44)
- Uncategorized (22)
- Video (14)
- Volunteer Resources (33)
- Volunteer Spotlight (36)
- June 2020 Fundraising Update
- Tutor Spotlight: Stephanie Lemons
- Educating Ourselves on Issues of Race
- Internal program evaluation indicates positive effects on students’ long-term achievement
- 2019-20 Program Results
- Heart Tutoring Annual Celebration
- Heart Tutoring Staff Participates in Racial Equity Training
- Thank you, Teachers!
- Spring Volunteer Highlights – Recognizing Heart Tutors
- Fabulous Five!