Staff Spotlight: Krystyna Sarrazin, Program Coordinator At Sedgefield Elementary
November 9, 2015
Krystyna Sarrazin, who joined Heart Math Tutoring in August 2015, is the Program Coordinator at Sedgefield Elementary.
A Chicago native, she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in public relations at Marquette University in Milwaukee and a Master of Arts in Nonprofit Management from DePaul University in Chicago. In Racine, Krystyna was the annual giving director for a healthcare system, Executive Director of the Young Professionals, and a district alderman.
She is a mother of three, including two adopted daughters from Poland. She believes that when teachers, administrators, parents and volunteers all work together on the behalf of students, great things can happen!
Here are Krystyna’s answers to our Spotlight questions:
24 because it was the year I got married, and I love even numbers!
Favorite education quote:
“The second time it’s a mistake. The first time it’s a learning opportunity.”
The teacher who inspired her the most?
My college Public Relations professor who made a note on my final paper of my college career that said I was in the top 3% of students she had ever taught and she had high hopes for my career. This little note gave me confidence during interviews for my first job.
- Blog (189)
- Celebrations (39)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (16)
- Events (14)
- Grants (21)
- Grants and Funding News (28)
- Heart News (148)
- Heart Staff (8)
- Math Matters (39)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (44)
- Uncategorized (22)
- Video (14)
- Volunteer Resources (33)
- Volunteer Spotlight (36)
- June 2020 Fundraising Update
- Tutor Spotlight: Stephanie Lemons
- Educating Ourselves on Issues of Race
- Internal program evaluation indicates positive effects on students’ long-term achievement
- 2019-20 Program Results
- Heart Tutoring Annual Celebration
- Heart Tutoring Staff Participates in Racial Equity Training
- Thank you, Teachers!
- Spring Volunteer Highlights – Recognizing Heart Tutors
- Fabulous Five!