Thank you to our Volunteer Partners!
- An Interview with a Volunteer: Adam Schauer
- 2019 Math Perspectives Summer Institute: A New Resource Series!
- ‘What Is Heart Tutoring?’ Webinar
- Learn More via Webinars and Events!
- Recruitment Season Tips
- The Tutor Referral Contest – June 1-30
- Math Madness (in March)
- 2018 NC Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference
- Seek First to Understand…
- Volunteer Recruitment Kickoff – Volunteers needed in the 2018/19 School Year!
- Volunteer Recruitment Tools
- CMS Releases “Breaking the Link” Equity Report
- Heart Math Tutoring Featured on Spectrum News for Giving Tuesday
- Heart Math Tutoring Featured on WBTV
- Tutor Recruitment Kickoff and Tools – Volunteers needed in the 2017/18 School Year!
- The Year Ahead: Community Support Enables Heart Math Tutoring To Expand Reach, Impact
- HEART Tutoring Moves To New Office
- Monthly Volunteer Notables – OCTOBER
- Monthly Volunteer Notables – NOVEMBER
- April – HEART Notables
- February – HEART NOTABLES
- 2014 Work Begins
- There’s One Key Difference Between Kids Who Excel at Math and Kids Who Don’t
- December – HEART NOTABLES
- HEART Holiday Breakfast for Parents
- November – HEART NOTABLES
- October – HEART NOTABLES
- Malleable intelligence
We love our volunteers (listed here)! During the 2018/19 school year, over 1,000 Charlotte community members tutored across Heart Tutoring’s 22 school partners, helping students build the strong foundation in math and enthusiasm for academics needed for long-term success.
“Thank you!” from teachers and school staff!
- “I was extremely pleased with the relationships Heart tutors made with my students. Many were overjoyed to work so closely with someone one-on-one during their week!” Ms. Woods – 5th grade teacher at Lebanon Road Elementary (2018/19)
- “My students’ confidence in math skyrocketed and they were able to help out my other students.” Ms. Thompson – 1st grade teacher at Renaissance West STEAM Academy (2018/19)
- The tutors coming in to pick up the students were always very happy and helpful. They came in quietly and did not disrupt classroom learning and the students always returned from Heart Math Tutoring with a smile on their faces.” Mr. Oliver – 3rd grade teacher at Smithfield Elementary (2018/19)
- Thanks for all you do! My scholars looked forward to getting picked up every day by their Heart tutor. They came back proud of what they learned and excited to share!” Ms. Anderson – 1st grade teacher at Shamrock Gardens Elementary(2018/19)
- Thank you for making our students’ day each time you show up!! You mean the world to them and they love the one-on-one time.” Ms. Rickard – 2nd grade teacher at Montclaire Elementary (2018/19)
Volunteers are still needed for the 2019/20 school year! Please refer volunteers who can spend 30 minutes or one hour per week tutoring an elementary student who is below grade level in math. Whether it’s by talking about your experience as a Heart Tutoring tutor with a friend, or by setting up a presentation at your place of business, there are plenty of ways you can help. We’ve included email templates and anything else you might need in our recruitment kit. Download our recruitment kit here to see all the ways you can help match students with tutors!