Thank you to our Volunteer Partners!
- HeartThrob 2020
- Hear from a Heart Tutor!
- Speaker at The Charlotte Justice Conference
- An Interview with a Volunteer: Adam Schauer
- Join Us for Our Volunteer Kickoff Party!
- 2019 Math Perspectives Summer Institute: A New Resource Series!
- ‘What Is Heart Tutoring?’ Webinar
- Upcoming Heart events!
- Recruitment Season Tips
- The Tutor Referral Contest – June 1-30
- Math Madness (in March)
- 2018 NC Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference
- Seek First to Understand…
- Volunteer Recruitment Kickoff – Volunteers needed in the 2018/19 School Year!
- Volunteer Recruitment Tools
- CMS Releases “Breaking the Link” Equity Report
- Heart Math Tutoring Featured on Spectrum News for Giving Tuesday
- Heart Math Tutoring Featured on WBTV
- Tutor Recruitment Kickoff and Tools – Volunteers needed in the 2017/18 School Year!
- The Year Ahead: Community Support Enables Heart Math Tutoring To Expand Reach, Impact
- HEART Tutoring Moves To New Office
- Monthly Volunteer Notables – OCTOBER
- Monthly Volunteer Notables – NOVEMBER
- April – HEART Notables
- February – HEART NOTABLES
- 2014 Work Begins
- There’s One Key Difference Between Kids Who Excel at Math and Kids Who Don’t
- December – HEART NOTABLES
- HEART Holiday Breakfast for Parents
- November – HEART NOTABLES
- October – HEART NOTABLES
- Malleable intelligence
Welcome Heart Tutors! We are thankful for participation in Heart Tutoring this school year. This page is dedicated to you. Here you will find resources that you can use during tutoring, on your own, or with other tutors. All of these opportunities are completely optional!
- You can refer to the monthly email for Tutor Tips!
- Check out these Student Engagement Resources
- Check out a Take Home Notebook from your Program Coordinator
- Attend the Heart Holiday & End of the Year Parties at your school
Community Building with Other Tutors:
RSVP to be notified when we have dates for our upcoming events!
- Kathy Richardson’s visit from Bellingham, Washington, originally scheduled for March 16th, is currently POSTPONED. Sorry for any inconvenience, and stay tuned for the rescheduled date!
- The Resilience documentary screening originally scheduled for March 31st is POSTPONED as well. We will share a new date once it has been rescheduled.
- Our Ice Cream Socials scheduled for April 22nd are POSTPONED. We’ll let you know when we have a new date!
- End of Year Tutor Thank You Party – Date and Location TBD
- Join our Heart Tutoring Facebook group!
On Your Own:
- If you would like to receive additional information and resources through our Deeper Dive newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe!
- Visit Heart’s Blog to read latest news!
- Read notes from the 2019 summer 2019 training with Kathy Richardson!
- Check out our Motivational Strategies for Students
- Read our Curriculum Notebook Overview
- Read Mathematical Mindsets by Jo Boaler
- Read Color and Character: West Charlotte High and the American Struggle over Educational Equality
by Pamela Grundy
“Thank you!” from last year’s teachers and school staff!
We love our volunteers! During the 2018/19 school year, over 1,000 Charlotte community members tutored across Heart Tutoring’s 22 school partners, helping students build the strong foundation in math and enthusiasm for academics needed for long-term success.
- “I was extremely pleased with the relationships Heart tutors made with my students. Many were overjoyed to work so closely with someone one-on-one during their week!” Ms. Woods – 5th grade teacher at Lebanon Road Elementary (2018/19)
- “My students’ confidence in math skyrocketed and they were able to help out my other students.” Ms. Thompson – 1st grade teacher at Renaissance West STEAM Academy (2018/19)
- The tutors coming in to pick up the students were always very happy and helpful. They came in quietly and did not disrupt classroom learning and the students always returned from Heart Math Tutoring with a smile on their faces.” Mr. Oliver – 3rd grade teacher at Smithfield Elementary (2018/19)
- Thanks for all you do! My scholars looked forward to getting picked up every day by their Heart tutor. They came back proud of what they learned and excited to share!” Ms. Anderson – 1st grade teacher at Shamrock Gardens Elementary(2018/19)
- Thank you for making our students’ day each time you show up!! You mean the world to them and they love the one-on-one time.” Ms. Rickard – 2nd grade teacher at Montclaire Elementary (2018/19)
Volunteers are still needed for the 2019/20 school year! Please refer volunteers who can spend 30 minutes or one hour per week tutoring an elementary student who is below grade level in math. Whether it’s by talking about your experience as a Heart Tutoring tutor with a friend, or by setting up a presentation at your place of business, there are plenty of ways you can help. We’ve included email templates and anything else you might need in our recruitment kit. Download our recruitment kit here to see all the ways you can help match students with tutors!