Thank you to our Volunteer Partners!
- Volunteer Recruitment Kickoff – Volunteers needed in the 2018/19 School Year!
- Volunteer Recruitment Tools
- CMS Releases “Breaking the Link” Equity Report
- Heart Math Tutoring Featured on Spectrum News for Giving Tuesday
- Heart Math Tutoring Featured on WBTV
- Tutor Recruitment Kickoff and Tools – Volunteers needed in the 2017/18 School Year!
- The Year Ahead: Community Support Enables Heart Math Tutoring To Expand Reach, Impact
- HEART Tutoring Moves To New Office
- Monthly Volunteer Notables – OCTOBER
- Monthly Volunteer Notables – NOVEMBER
- April – HEART Notables
- February – HEART NOTABLES
- 2014 Work Begins
- There’s One Key Difference Between Kids Who Excel at Math and Kids Who Don’t
- December – HEART NOTABLES
- HEART Holiday Breakfast for Parents
- November – HEART NOTABLES
- October – HEART NOTABLES
- Malleable intelligence
We love our volunteers (listed here)! During the 2017/18 school year, over 980 Charlotte community members are tutoring across Heart’s 17 school partners, helping students build the strong foundation in math and enthusiasm for academics needed for long-term success.
Heart is looking for volunteers for the 2018/19 school year! We need your help finding volunteers who can spend 30 minutes or one hour per week tutoring an elementary student who is below grade level in math.
Whether it’s by talking about your experience as a Heart tutor with a friend, or by setting up a presentation at your place of business, there are plenty of ways you can help. We’ve included email templates and anything else you might need in our recruitment kit. Download our recruitment kit here to see all the ways you can help match students with tutors!
“Thank you!” from teachers and school staff!
- “Thank you to the tutors for not only helping my students academically in math to catch up and fill in gaps in their learning, but also for making them feel important, loved, and confident. They really grew a special bond with their tutors and got so excited to see them every week. That personal relationship is just as, if not more important, than the academics.” Ms. Welsh – 3rd grade teacher at Sterling Elementary (2017/18)
- “I would really like to say thank you to Heart tutoring for taking the time to work with one of my students who was struggling in the program. He was a very sweet student, but was very high energy, and at times it was very hard for his tutors to get him to focus and pay attention. They made sure they he was given exactly what he needed. My student and his family were very appreciative.” Ms. Parker– 1st grade teacher at Billingsville Leadership Academy (2017/18)
- “Thank you so much for being willing members of society to improve our students and schools. It is so important to have public schools be part of the community and Heart increases math skills while building relationships. Thank you for your time and commitment!” Ms. Stewart – 2nd grade teacher at Shamrock Gardens Elementary (2017/18)