What It Means To Become A Heart Math Tutoring Volunteer
September 15, 2015
Heart Math Tutoring volunteers commit to weekly tutoring sessions that last either 30 minutes or one hour and can team up with friends, family and colleagues to be “partner tutors.” A Heart staff person is on site at all times to make sure tutors have what they need.
“We tell our volunteers that 50 percent of your job is to deliver the curriculum and then other 50 percent is to be a positive influence,” says Emily Elliott, Heart’s Executive Director.
Watch this 90-second video to learn more about becoming a #VolutneerWithHeart for elementary students in Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.
- Blog (162)
- Celebrations (37)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (10)
- Events (10)
- Grants (20)
- Grants and Funding News (26)
- Heart News (132)
- Heart Staff (4)
- Math Matters (37)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (37)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Video (11)
- Volunteer Resources (27)
- Volunteer Spotlight (29)
- 2019 Math Perspectives Summer Institute: A New Resource Series!
- ‘What Is Heart Tutoring?’ Webinar
- Learn More via Webinars and Events!
- Recruitment Season Tips
- It All Adds Up: End of the Year Results are IN!
- The Tutor Referral Contest – June 1-30
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer Partner – Vanguard
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer Partner – GEM
- Celebrating Heart Tutoring Volunteers and Partners
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer – Natasha Johnson