Wilson’s World Celebrates PiDay With Heart Math Tutoring
March 14, 2017
Wilson’s World joined Heart students at Montclaire Elementary this morning to celebrate PiDay. Students Scarlett and Oscar talked with their 5th grade teacher Mr. O’Leary about how they incorporate Pi in the classroom, and why they enjoy math!
Wilson also viewed a tutoring session and talked with Heart’s Program Coordinator Sarah Cover and Executive Director Emily Elliott about how Heart prepares tutors to support students. “When you sign up for tutoring, the first thing that happens is that I train you through our six concept notebooks. The notebooks include all the instructions and anything you need. If you have any questions I’m here for all tutoring,” says Sarah. For more information about becoming a tutor see http://hearttutoring.org/volunteers/become-a-volunteer/. See the full segment from Wilson’s World here.
- Blog (162)
- Celebrations (37)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (10)
- Events (10)
- Grants (20)
- Grants and Funding News (26)
- Heart News (132)
- Heart Staff (4)
- Math Matters (37)
- NAEP (1)
- Parent Resources (7)
- Press (37)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Video (11)
- Volunteer Resources (27)
- Volunteer Spotlight (29)
- 2019 Math Perspectives Summer Institute: A New Resource Series!
- ‘What Is Heart Tutoring?’ Webinar
- Learn More via Webinars and Events!
- Recruitment Season Tips
- It All Adds Up: End of the Year Results are IN!
- The Tutor Referral Contest – June 1-30
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer Partner – Vanguard
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer Partner – GEM
- Celebrating Heart Tutoring Volunteers and Partners
- Heart Tutoring Volunteer – Natasha Johnson